Monday, January 01, 2007

Brought to you by the Number 7

Happy New Year!!

It's now officially a new year and and, as much as some people hate to admit, all the pressure's off for another eleven months. Whew! Now we can really relax. As I see it, the only real worry we should have left is the credit card bills and, at least, we've got some time before they start rolling in. You'd think that when we open those bills and see the items that were purchased, the holiday 'spirit' would descend upon us once more and fill us with a special warmth for being able to provide, so wonderfully, for others. Instead, we usually feel like we did after eating that 3rd piece of pie after Christmas dinner: We either want to sleep for a week or go throw up.

However, my favorite part of the new year (besides getting the bills) is conti
nuing to write the previous year on anything that requires a date. It's amazing to me that I can remember the lyrics to the theme from "Gilligan's Island", that the "A" button made the Mach 5 jump (using the jacks) and "Gort! Klaatu barada nikto" but it will take me days (weeks) to remember to write a '7' instead of a '6'. Maybe my brain's simply wired to only remember the important things. I'm sure there's some reason locked away so deep in my subconscious that not even the Krell would be aware of it (there's that memory thing, again) but, whatever the case, I hope any of you who suffer the same affliction enjoy the next week or two of our protracted 2006.

No comments: