Monday, January 08, 2007

Is it Getting Hot in Here?

Okay, so this huge ice shelf, the size of 11,000 football fields, apparently broke free of the Canadian Arctic a little over a year ago. One article I read, mentioned that the shelf was approximately 41 square miles in size and had been in place for thousands of years before breaking off. After reading the article, the first thing that came to mind was my dad, splayed out in his recliner after eating a huge home-cooked meal (prepared by my mother) around 6:30 on any given evening with an entire viewing schedule of game shows, cop shows and doctor shows lined up for the night. Something major had to happen to move him from that spot.

I'm fully aware that there is a very heated debate raging on about Global Warming and I'm not trying to say that one side is more right than the other. I'm merely saying that for such an event to occur, the cause must be rather significant. If Global Warming is a fact, that ice shelf is a good example of the consequences, if not, then somebody better get up to the Canadian Arctic and figure out what the hell is going on.

Oh, and the second thing that came to mind after reading the article was, "I wonder if 41 square miles would be too big for Zan to handle?" You know, "Form of an ice shelf!"


No comments: